Geoff Marslett, Filmmaker
A Texan who took a circuitous path to filmmaking, studying mathematics, philosophy, art, science, and languages at St. John’s College (1996) before returning home to pursue an MFA in filmmaking at UT (2001). In addition to making films, Geoff teaches in the RTF Department at The University of Texas at Austin.
He is probably best known for directing the two feature film, “MARS” (2010) and “Loves Her Gun” (2013), but he is also a producer on the award winning documentary “Yakona” (2014), director of a dozen short films including the classic “Monkey vs. Robot” (2000), and an actor in Josephine Decker’s festival hit “Thou Wast Mild and Lovely” (2014).
Geoff was recently named one of the “25 New Faces of Independent Film” by Filmmaker Magazine and received the Board of Regents Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor Award for his teaching at the University of Texas at Austin. His films have garnered great press from Time Out London, The New York Times, Variety, The Village Voice, The Austin Chronicle, The Wall Street Journal, Indiewire, Wired, Hollywood Reporter, Think Progress and many more national publications.
- YAKONA (2014) – producer, actor
- LOVES HER GUN (2013) – writer, director
- SXSW Film Trailers (2012) – writer, director,
- SLACKER 2011 (2011) – segment director
- MARS (2010) – writer, director
- BUBBLECRAFT (2006) – writer, director
- EIGHT MOVEMENTS (2005) – co-director
- SIX IN AUSTIN (2004) – segment writer, director
- MONKEY VS. ROBOT (2000)- animator, director